News & Events
Mr. Muhammad Zaman Soomro, President, Epilepsy Medicare Foundation (EMF) has arranged “Epilepsy Awareness Camp” at Town Wazir Muhammad Jamali, Shahpur Chakar, Sindh, Pakistan on dated Sunday February 02nd, 2019, under the supervision of consultants of Peoples University of Medical and Health Sciences for women Shaheed Benazirabad.
The population of Shahpur Chakar is over 50,000 approximately. Economy of Shahpur Chakar is dependent on Agriculture, cotton, wheat, banana and mango.
There are several epileptic patients were observed, some of them was undiagnosed and some are already taking medication for epilepsy, but unfortunately due to their poor status, they are unable to take the regular medicine.
In this camp patients were educated for self care, and preventing measures for epileptic patients such as;
- Get plenty of sleep each night, set a regular sleep schedule, and stick to it.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Take all of your medications regularly and timely as prescribed by your doctor
- Learn stress management and relaxation techniques.
- If needed go for regular follow up to your doctor.
- Avoid drugs and alcohol, driving, work on heavy machines and on fire.
- Avoid bright, flashing lights and other visual stimuli.
- Skip TV and computer time whenever possible.
- Avoid playing video games.